An infographic developed by PEAT that lists the many technologies used by employers and employees to navigate the six stages of the employment lifecycle, and each product needs to be accessible to all users.
- Develop & Sustain a Culture of Inclusion
- Provide Workplace Accommodations
- Ensure Workplace Technology is Accessible
- Facilitate Virtual OJT
Ensure Workplace Technology is Accessible
Whether your program’s OJT is conducted in-person or remotely, your apprentices will be required to interact with technology: sending emails, filling out timesheets, attending webinars, and more. It’s critical that workplace technology is accessible. Accessible workplace technology will not only reduce technology-related accommodation requests, but it will also show your apprentices and existing employees that your organization is devoted to inclusion.
- PEAT created a graphic with examples of workplace technology. It is aligned with the five major stages of the employment lifecycle: eRecruiting, Hiring and Onboarding, Work Immersion and Productivity, Retention and Career Advancement, and Employment and Retirement.
- Also review PEAT’s BuyIT! Toolkit to help you learn how to identify and procure accessible technology.