PIA does not lead an apprenticeship program, but if you are a person with a disability seeking more information about inclusive apprenticeship opportunities, please review PIA’s resources for apprentices:
- Advancing Your Career through Inclusive Apprenticeship
- Becoming an Apprentice
- Disclosing Your Disability and Requesting an Accommodation
- Our website includes additional resources you might find helpful, including our Apprenticeship for All podcast series, and our Resource Library.
We are a national initiative funded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Disability Employment Policy. We advise employers and apprenticeship intermediaries on best practices for designing their own inclusive apprenticeship programs.
Here are additional resources you may also find helpful:
- Career One Stop has resources and information to support employment of people with disabilities
- The Job Accommodation Network (JAN) offers free, expert, and confidential guidance on workplace accommodations and disability employment issues
- Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN) – Job Seeker Resources
- Inclusively is a professional network connecting candidates with disabilities to employers who are cultivating diverse and inclusive workplaces.
- The Council of State Administrators of Vocational Rehabilitation (CSAVR) has a list of state vocational rehab agencies and blind services agencies.