Shifting to Virtual Apprenticeship Structures
PIA currently works with five apprenticeship intermediary organizations including:
- Cybersecurity Center for Business (CCB)
- Healthcare Career Advancement Program (H-CAP)
- Human Resource Registered Apprenticeship Program, SHRM Foundation
- Three Talents
(In the coming months we will continue to add additional apprenticeship intermediary partners, specifically those focused on training apprentices in the clean energy sector.)
PIA aims to advance inclusive apprenticeship programs that meet employer needs. To that end, we facilitate collaboration between relevant organizations, including employers, apprenticeship intermediaries, state and workforce agencies, educational entities, and advocacy groups, to achieve our vision of enabling job seekers with disabilities to gain credentials and skills to succeed in growing industries.
As we continue on this path, we aim to expand on the resources we create to support employers, apprenticeship intermediaries, and people with disabilities. In 2021, we will release a companion resource to dive into the business case for creating inclusive apprenticeships that will outline the benefits of investing in these programs.
Additional resources to support creating inclusive apprenticeship programs:
- Apprenticeship for All Podcast – Special guests share their expertise and insights on disability inclusion and employment strategies on PIA’s podcast with Workology.
- Apprenticeship.gov: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Apprenticeship
- Apprenticeship Inclusion Models (AIM) For Youth And Adults With Disabilities: Emerging Lessons for Inclusive Apprenticeship Programs: Managing Through the COVID-19 Crisis and Beyond.
- Designing Inclusive Apprenticeships: A Guide for Recruiting & Training Apprentices with Disabilities
- EARN’s Mental Health Toolkit: Resources for Fostering a Mentally Healthy Workplace
- Funding Inclusive Apprenticeships: Strategies for Braiding, Blending, and Aligning Resources
- PEAT’s Telework and Accessibility Toolkit
- PEAT’s Staff Training Resources